We have compiled NCERT Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 Mcq with answers, “India size and location” which cover the whole chapter. Practice these MCQ questions with answers to improve your preparation and score better marks in the exam through an outline test in which you can check your Class 9 India size and Location Mcq answers.
Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 MCQ Online Test
Class 9 India Size And Location MCQ With Answers
1. In which hemispheres is India located?
Answer: Northern and Eastern Hemispheres
2. What is the latitudinal extent of India?
Answer: From 8° 4′ N to 37° 6’N
3. What is the longitudinal extent of India?
Answer: 68° 7’E to 97° 25’E
4. Which water body is located in the southeast of India?
Answer: Bay of Bengal
5. Which water body is located in the southwest of India?
Answer: Arabian sea
6. Which water body is located in the south of India?
Answer: Indian Ocean
7. Which ocean is named after the name of a country?
Answer: Indian Ocean
8. What is the geographical area of India?
Answer: 32.8 lakh sq. km.
9. What is The total length of the land border of India?
Answer: About 15,200 km.
10. What is the length of the coastline of India including the Lakshadweep and the Andaman & Nicobar Islands?
11. Which latitude divides India into two equal halves?
Answer: Tropic of Cancer
12. Name the states from which the Tropic of Cancer passes?
13. Why is India called a peninsular?
Answer: India is called a peninsular because it is surrounded by water on three sides.
14. What is its rank of India in the world (area)
15. Which meridian is the standard meridian of India?
Answer: 80°30’E which passes through Mirzapur near Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh.
16. Which state of India has the longest coastline?
17. Which is the largest state(area) of India?
18. Which is the smallest state (area) of India?
19. How many states are there in India?
Answer: 28 state
20. How many unions Territories are there in India?
Answer: 8 unions Territories
21. Which union territory is found on both the Eastern Coast and Western Coast?
22. Which channel separates India from Sri Lanka?
Answer: Palk Strait
23. Which Indian state is known as ‘The Land of Dawn’?
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
24. With which countries India shares its land boundaries?
Answer: Pakistan & Afghanistan (North-west)
China, Tibet, Nepal & Bhutan (North)
Myanmar & Bangladesh (East)
25. Which states do not have an international border on the coast?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Telangana & Haryana.
26. When did the Suez Canal open?
Answer: The Suez Canal was opened in 1869.
27. In Which island is an active volcano formed in Andaman Nicobar Island?
Answer: Barren Island near Nicobar Island.
28. Which group of islands was submerged under the sea during the Tsunami of 2004?
Answer: Indira Point in Andaman and Nicobar Island.
29. Which is the most populous country in the world?
30. Which is the second most populous country in the world?
FAQ | Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 MCQ
What is the size and location of India, Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 Mcq?
India is a country located in South Asia and covers an area of 3,287,263 square kilometers.
How many countries have a larger area than India?
India is the seventh-largest country in the area. Russia, Canada, the USA, China, Brazil, and Australia are larger than India.
How many countries are there in Asia?
There are 48 countries in Asia.
Which is the largest country in Asia?
Russia is the largest country in Asia.
What is the smallest country in the world?
Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a landmass of just 0.49 square kilometers.
Which country has the highest population?
India has the highest population.
Which country has a low population?
Vatican City is the least populated country in the world with a population of just over 800 persons.
Which is the poorest country in Asia?
Yemen, Tajikistan, and Myanmar are the poorest country in Asia.
Why is Asia so rich?
Asia is rich due to its vast land area, abundant natural resources, and diverse economies.
How many countries are there in the world?
There are 195 countries in the world.
I hope the above information on Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 Mcq, online test & Questions Answers “India Size and Location” will be useful for you. If you have any other questions regarding NCERT Class 9 Geography Chapter 1 “India Size and Location” Mcq (Multiple Choice Questions With Answers) feel free to contact us so that we will get back to you at the earliest.