Here we provided the Our Country India Class 6 worksheet. This worksheet will be handy for tests, and winter or summer assignments and will help you to score good marks.
Class 6 Worksheet with Answers:
Main Facts About Our Country India Class 6
|Location||A tropical country|
|Total Geographical area||32,87,263 km2|
|Latitudinal Extent||8°4’N and 37°6’N|
|Longitudinal Extent||68°7’E and 97°25’E|
|North-South Extent||3200 km.|
|East-West Extent||2900 km.|
|Land Frontiers||15,200 km.|
|Coast Line||7,516 km.|
|Standard Meridian||82°30’E Longitude|
|Southernmost Point||Indira Point in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|The southernmost tip of the mainland||Cape Comorin” Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu.|
|Total Union Territories||08|
|Highest Rainfall place||Mawsynram in Meghalayaya|
|Highest Peak||Mt Godwin Austen or K2 (8,611 m)|
|Largest Desert||Thar Desert|
Fill in the blanks:
- _____________ is the highest mountain peak in India.
- The Southernmost point of India is ______________________.
- The Ganga River originates from _____________________.
- The __________plateau is situated south of the Narmada River.
- The Great Indian Desert is located in the state of ___________.
ANSWERS: 1. Kangchenjunga (8,586 m) 2. Indira Point 3. Gangotri 4. Deccan 5. Rajasthan
Very Short Questions Answers:
Answer the following questions in one word:
1. Which is the largest state in India per area?
2. Which latitude passes almost halfway through the country?
Tropic of Cancer 23°27′ N
3. In which hemisphere is India located?
4. Which is the smallest state per area?
5. What is the other name of the Middle Himalayas?
6. Name two major rivers that fall into the Arabian Sea.
Narmada and Tapi
7. Which is the second most populous country in the world after China?
8. In how many ranges are the Himalayan Mountains divided?
Three – Himadri, Himachal and Shiwalik
9. Where is Lakshadweep Island located?
In the Arabian Sea
10. Where are the world’s highest peaks located?
Mount Everest in Nepal
11. Which state has the largest population?
12. Which state has the smallest population?
13. Which state has the highest density of population?
14. Which state has the lowest density of population?
15. Which state has the highest literacy rate?
16. Which state has the longest coastline?
Short Questions Answers:
1. What is delta?
Answer:- An area of flat land shaped like a triangle where a river divides into smaller rivers before entering the sea.
2. What do you understand by peninsula?
Answer:- A piece of land that is surrounded by water on three sides.
3. Write two sentences on the Great Indian Desert.
Answer:- The Great Indian Desert is in the western part of Rajasthan. It is known as the ‘Thar Desert.’ The Thar desert is the largest desert in India.
4. What is a Tributary?
Answer:- A stream of fresh water that feeds into a larger stream, river, or other body of water.
5. Why is Lakshadweep called a coral island?
Answer:- Lakshadweep is known as a coral island as it is formed of coral, which are skeletons of tiny marine animals called polyps.
6. What are the north-south and east-west extents of India?
Answer:- India extends 3,214 km (1,997 mi) from north to south and 2,933 km (1,822 mi) from east to west.
7. What is the latitudinal and longitudinal extent of India?
Answer:- Latitudinal Extent-8° 4′ N and 36° 7 N,
Longitudinal extent – 68° 7 E and 97° 25′ E.
8. How many states of India are situated along the coastline?
Answer:- There are nine states situated along the coastline.
6. Tamil Nadu
7. Andhra Pradesh
9. West Bengal
9. Which Meridian serves as the Standard Meridian of India? Where is it located?
Answer:- 82½° East longitude is the Standard Meridian of India. It is located between Allahabad and Mirzapur. in Uttar Pradesh.
10. What are the main features of the Thar Desert?
Answer:- 1. Thar desert is a hot desert.
2. It is in Rajasthan.
3. It is a dry and sandy stretch of land.
4. It has a rocky surface covered with sand.
MCQs. Choose the correct option:
1. Which of the following river is known as the Dakshin Ganga?
a). Godavari b). Kaveri c). Tapi
2. The southernmost mountain range of the Himalayas is._________________.
a). Himadri b). Himachal c). Shiwalik
3. Which islands are located in the Bay of Bengal?
a). Lakshadweep b). Andaman & Nicobar c). both (a) & ( b)
4. Which countries are the seventh largest in the world?
a). China b). Russia c). India
5. What is a group of islands known as?
a). Archipelago b). Archaeology c). Astrology
Answers: 1. a 2. c 3. b 4. c 5. a
Learn More about Our Country India
I hope the information given above regarding – Our Country India Class 6 Worksheet with Answers Geography Chapter 7 has been useful to an extent. If you have any other queries about Chapter 7 Geography Class 6, feel free to reach us so that we can get back to you at the earliest possible.
1. Which is our country India?
India is a country in South Asia. It is the seventh-largest country by area, and the most populous country in the world.
2. What is the area of India Class 6?
The area of India is approximately 3.29 million square kilometers.
3. What is climate Class 6 short answer?
Climate refers to the long-term weather patterns observed in a particular region. It includes factors such as temperature, precipitation, humidity, wind patterns, and seasonal variations.