In this post, we have provided Class 8 History Chapter 5 Extra Questions and Answers and MCQs online test. These will help students understand the particular concept of the chapter “When the People Revolt”.
Students will learn how the rebellion began and spread and understand the changes that occurred in the nature of colonial rule in India after 1857.
Class 8 History Chapter 5 Mcq Online Test
Class 8 History Chapter 5 Extra Questions and Answers
- Who was Peshwa Baji Rao II?
Answer: The last Peshwa
- Where did Rani Lakshmibai rule?
Answer: Rani Lakshmibai ruled in Jhansi.
- Who had ordered the annexation of Jhansi?
Answer: Lord Dalhousie
- Who led the revolt in Kanpur?
Answer: Nana Saheb
- Who was Nana Saheb?
Answer: The adopted son of Peshwa Baji Rao II.
- When was the Subsidiary Alliance imposed on Awadh?
Answer: The Subsidiary Alliance was imposed on Awadh in 1801.
- Who was the mother of Birjis Qadr?
Answer: Begum Hazrat Mahal
- Who was the leader of the rebellion declared by the sepoys?
Answer: Bahadur Shah Zafar
- Where did Bahadur Shah Zafar die?
Answer: The Rangoon Jail
- Who translated Sitaram Pandey’s memoirs into English?
Answer: Norgate translated it into English.
- Who was the son of Nawab Wajid Ali Shah?
Answer: Birjis Qadr was the son of the Nawab Wajid Ali Shah.
- To which country the Indian soldiers were asked to go by sea route?
Answer: Burma is now Myanmar
- Who wrote the book, Majha Pravas?
Answer: Vishnubhatt Godse, a Brahman from a village in Maharashtra.
- When and why was Mangal Pandey hanged?
Answer: Mangal Pandey, a young soldier, was hanged for attacking his officers at Barrackpore on 29 March 1857.
- Where did the Mutiny start from?
- When did The British regain control of India?
- What was the first step taken by the Company towards ending the Mughal dynasty?
Answer: The name of the Mughal king was removed from the coins issued by the company.
- What rumor spread among the soldiers of the Meerut Regiment about the new cartridges?
Answer: A rumor spread that the new cartridges were greased with cow and pig fat.
- Who took command of a large army of fighters who came to Delhi?
Answer: Bakht Khan, a soldier from Bareilly.
- What is mutiny?
Answer: Mutiny is a group of soldiers that disobey their officers in the army.
- Who was the viceroy?
Answer: The Governor-General of India, representing the Crown, was given the title of Viceroy.
- Which Governor-General decided that Bahadur Shah Zafar would be the last Mughal king?
Answer: In 1856, Governor-General Canning decided that Bahadur Shah Zafar would be the last Mughal king.
- Which landlord of Bihar joined the rebel troops and fought against the British?
Answer: Kunwar Singh
- After 1830, who was allowed by the Company to campaign in India?
Answer: Christian missionaries
- When did company rule end in India?
How did rebellion spread?
When there was no rebellion from the British side, the rebellion spread from Delhi.
When did the rebellion start?
The rebellion began on 10 May 1857.
Who was the first rebellion?
Sepoy Mutiny or First War of Independence.
When did the Indian soldiers rebel?
the Indian soldiers rebelled against British rule in India in 1857.
What do rebels do?
To reject, oppose, or take up arms against one’s government or ruler.
I hope the above information for Chapter 5 Extra Questions and Answers and MCQs online test has been useful to clear the concept of Chapter 5 When the People Rebel and to get good marks in the exams. If you have any other questions regarding CBSE When the People Revolt MCQs, feel free to reach out to us so that we can get back to you at the earliest.