The important Recent and Latest Current Affairs for the month of September 2023 is the perfect solution, which will help you gain knowledge in various subjects and fields like History, Geography, Science, Sports, and others. You can get more marks in all competitive exams such as Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams by following this blog. Let’s start with an exciting quiz!
Asian Games 2023
1. In which year was the first Asian Games held?
Answer: The first Asian Games were held in 1951 in New Delhi, India from 4 to 11 March 1951.
2. Which country hosted the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: China hosted the Asian Games in 2023.
3. Which edition of the Asian Games is taking place in Hangzhou, China?
Answer: The 19th edition of the Asian Games is taking place in Hangzhou, China.
4. Asian Games are held after how many years?
Answer: The Asian Games are held every four years.
5. Which athletics participate in the Asian Games?
Answer: Athletes from all over Asia participate in the Asian Games.
6. Which sport is making its beginning at the 2023 Asian Games?
Answer: eSports and Breakdancing sports
7. How many Olympic sports were included in the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: 39 Olympic sports
8. When were the Asian Games 2023 held?
Answer: The Asian Games 2023 held from September 23 to October 8, 2023.
9. Who was named as the official sponsor of the Indian contingent for the 19th Asian Games held in Hangzhou?
Answer: Amul was named as the official sponsor of the Indian contingent for the 19th Asian Games held in Hangzhou.
10. Who was/ were the Flag-Bearers of the Indian contingent at the opening ceremony of the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: Harmanpreet Singh and Lovlina Borgohain
11. After how many years, the Indian Equestrian Team won the gold medal in Equestrian at the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: The Indian Equestrian Team won the gold medal in Equestrian at the Asian Games 2023 after 41 years.
12. Which Indian shooter won the gold medal in the women’s 50-meter rifle 3 positions event at the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: Sift Kaur Samra won the gold medal in the women’s 50-meter rifle 3 positions event at the Asian Games 2023.
13. In which event did Palak Gulia win the individual gold medal in the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: Palak Gulia won an individual gold medal in the 10m air pistol at the Asian Games 2023.
14. How many countries participated in the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: 45 nations
15. How many countries have hosted the Asian Games so far?
Answer: Nine nations have hosted the Asian Games so far.
16. Where will be the next Asian Games held in 2026?
Answer: The next Asian Games will be held in Japan in 2026.
17. How many medals were won by India in the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: India won a total of 107 medals including 28 gold, 38 silvers, and 41 bronze medals.
18. Which country topped the medal tally at the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: China topped the medal tally at the Asian Games 2023.
19. What was the rank of India in the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: India was in the fourth position in the Asian Games 2023.
20. How many times India has hosted the Asian Games?
Answer: India has hosted the Asian Games two times in 1951 & 1981.
21. Who inaugurated the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: Chinese President, Xi Jinping
22. What was the motto of the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: The motto of the Asian Games 2023, was Heart to Heart, @future.
23. How many events were there in the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: There were 481 events (40 sports) in the Asian Games 2023.
24. How many medals were won by China?
Answer: China won a total of 383 medals in the Asian Games 2023.
25. Which country ranked second and third respectively in the Asian Games 2023?
Answer: Japan and South Korea ranked second and third respectively in the Asian Games 2023.
Important GK Questions September 2023
1. Who has been appointed as the first woman CEO, and chairperson of the Railway Board?
Answer: Jaya Verma
2. Who won a silver medal in the javelin throw event at Zurich Diamond League 2023?
Answer: Neeraj Chopra
3. Which US state Assembly passed the anti-caste discrimination Bill?
4. Which state implements the ‘Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana’?
5. Which country/countries are the hosts of the Asia Cup 2023 tournament?
Answer: Sri Lanka and Pakistan
6. When is the ‘National Small Industry Day’ observed in India?
Answer: August 30
7. Which city is the host of ‘Bharat Drone Shakti 2023’?
8. What is the position of Neeraj Chopra in the men’s javelin throw event at the Diamond League 2023 Final?
9. What is the name of the first indigenous aircraft carrier of India?
10. As of 2023, how many countries are present in the European Union bloc?
11. Which city hosted the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Summit in September 2023?
Answer: New York
12. Which state launched the ‘Gruha Lakshmi scheme’?
13. Which Indian city is the host of the ‘Windergy India 2023 Summit’?
14. India’s first Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus was launched in which state/UT?
Answer: New Delhi
15. Which state implements the ‘Ladli Behna Scheme’?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
16. Which state/UT inaugurated India’s first Artificial Intelligence school?
17. NITI Aayog signed a MoU with which institution on fast-tracking SDGs?
18. Which country organized the G20 summit in 2023?
19. What is the theme of the G20 summit in India?
Answer: “One Earth-One Family-One Future”.
20. What is the inspiration for G20 2023 logo?
Answer: India’s national flag
21. Which country will host G20 Summit in 2024?
22. To whom did PM Modi transfer the chairmanship of G20?
Answer: Luiz Inacio Lula Da Silva
23. Where was the G20 Summit 2023 held?
Answer: At ‘Bharat Mandapam’ within the ITPO Convention Centre in New Delhi’s Pragati Maidan
24. Which countries held the G20 Presidency before India in 2023?
25. Which country took membership in G20 in 2023?
Answer: The African Union
What kind of magazine are current affairs?
It is a bi-monthly American magazine.
Which current affairs magazine is best for IAS Quora?
Rau’s IAS Focus is the best monthly magazine for preparation.
Which paper is best for UPSC preparation?
The Indian Express.
Which time of current affairs is best for UPSC?
News 18 months or at least 12 months before the UPSC exam.
We hope that the above current affairs will be useful in keeping our environment updated. If you have any questions related to important GK questions then please comment in the comment box.