Our Current Affairs Quiz for the month of August 2023 is the perfect solution, that will help students in gaining knowledge in different subjects and fields like History, Geography, Science, Literature, and more. Challenge young minds with exciting questions and enjoy our interactive quizzes. Discover new facts and expand your knowledge.
Gktoday Current Affairs Quiz
Current Affairs For UPSC
1. Which state has announced the establishment of ‘Mangrove Cell’?
Answer: West Bengal
2. Which country is the host of ‘The Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships’?
3. What is the name of the motorsport championship for electric cars?
Answer: Formula E
4. Where is the ‘World Police and Fire Games 2023’ held?
5. Which country has won the Spanish Federation hockey tournament?
6. Which country has introduced the ‘TechEquity’ digital inclusion platform?
7. Which Union Ministry has recently introduced a fresh visa category named ‘Ayush Visa’?
Answer: Ministry of Home Affairs
8. Which institution launched the ‘Rajmargyatra’ mobile application?
Answer: NHAI (The National Highways Authority of India )
9. In which north-eastern state has The foundation stone for Organic Agriculture University been laid?
10. Which state/UT is the host of the ‘Global Summit on Traditional Medicine’?
11. Which state has launched the Annapurna Food Packet Scheme?
12. Which state is set to play host to the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2023?
13. Who has been recognized as the Election Commission of India’s (ECI) national icon for voter awareness and education?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
14. Who is the Chief election commissioner of India?
Answer: Rajiv Kumar
15. Which Indian city has secured first position in Swachh Vayu Sarvekshan-2023?
16. Which is the first country to successfully land on the South Pole of the Moon?
17. In which country was the World’s first ‘Spotless giraffe’ born?
18. Who launches the World’s First Ethanol-Run Toyota Innova car on August 30, 2023?
Answer: Nitin Gadkari
19. What is the key feature of the world’s first ethanol-fueled car launched by Nitin Gadkari?
Answer: It functions entirely on ethanol-based fuel.
20. Which nations have been newly included in the BRICS alliance?
Answer: Argentina, Iran, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia
21. In which South African city is the BRICS Summit 2023 being held?
22. What is the theme of the 15th BRICS summit held in Pretoria, South Africa?
Answer: ‘BRICS and Africa: Partnership for Mutually Accelerated Growth, Sustainable Development, and Inclusive Multilateralism’
23. The BRICS Summit is a conference attended by the leaders of which five member states?
Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa
24. Which contestant won the Miss Diva Universe 2023 title?
Answer: Shweta Sharda
25. What is the name of India’s first space-based solar observatory?
26. Who recently became India’s first-ever gold medallist at the World Athletics Championships?
Answer: Neeraj Chopra
27. What is the B20 (Business 20)?
Answer: The official G20 dialogue forum with the business community
28. Who became the first Foreign Head of the Government to receive ‘The Grand Cross of the Order of Honour’ from the Greek government?
Answer: Narendra Modi
29. What name did Prime Minister Narendra Modi give to the spot on the Moon where Chandrayaan-3’s lander Vikram touched down?
Answer: Shiv Shakti Point
30. Which organization is responsible for Chandrayaan Mission 3?
Answer: ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)
31. Why is August 23 celebrated as National Space Day in India?
Answer: It commemorates the successful landing of the Chandrayaan-3 lander on the lunar South Pole.
32. What is the name of the Lander Module in the Chandrayaan-3 mission that is expected to land on the Moon’s surface?
33. When is the Chandrayaan-3 spacecraft expected to make a soft landing near the Moon’s south pole?
Answer: August 23
34. Where is the G20 Film Festival being held?
Answer: New Delhi, India
35. Who emerged as the winner of the FIDE Chess World Cup 2023?
Answer: Magnus Carlsen
36. What is the significance of the Indian tricolor and ISRO logo being imprinted on the Moon’s surface?
Answer: It showcases India’s pioneering presence near the lunar south pole
37. Who will be captain of the Indian Men’s Cricket team in the upcoming Asia Cup 2023?
Answer: Rohit Sharma
38. Who achieved the distinction of being the first Indian after Viswanathan Anand to reach the semi-finals of the FIDE Chess World Cup recently?
Answer: R Praggnanandhaa
39. Who clinched the 10m air pistol mixed team gold at the ISSF World Championship 2023?
Answer: Esha Singh and Shiva Narwal
40. Where was India’s first 3D concrete-printed Post Office building inaugurated?
41. When is Partition Horrors Remembrance Day observed in India?
Answer: August 14
42. Which national park is known as the natural habitat of Asiatic lions?
Answer: Gir National Park
43. Who has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Tesla?
Answer: Vaibhav Taneja
44. Who has been honored with the Lokmanya Tilak National Award 2023?
Answer: Narendra Modi
45. Who inaugurated the national festival of India’s folk and tribal expressions “Utkarsh” and the international literature festival “Unmesh” in Bhopal?
Answer: President Draupadi Murmu
What are the latest current affairs in 2023?
Nitin Gadkari launched the world’s first ethanol-powered Toyota Innova car on August 30, 2023.
Draupadi Murmu released a postage stamp on August 29, 2023, in memory of Dadi Prakashmani.
India, Asian Development Bank to set up Center on Climate Change and Health in Delhi on August 29, 2023.
What are the current issues in India in 2023?
Top 10 Social Issues in India
Poor sanitation facilities.
When did 2023 begin?
New Year’s Day is Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023.
Is There A Leap Year in 2023?
No, there is not a Leap Year in 2023.
What century is now 2023?
the 21st century
The current affairs quiz is an invaluable tool for students to expand their horizons, nurture curiosity, and enhance their understanding of the world. Regular participation in current affairs quizzes lays the foundation for a lifelong love of learning. We hope that the above current affairs will be useful in keeping our environment updated. If you have any questions regarding Current Affairs Quiz then please comment in the comment box.