Constitutional design is an important aspect of any democratic nation. It lays the foundation for the functioning of government, ensures the protection of the rights of citizens, and establishes a system of checks and balances. Here Constitutional Design Class 9 Questions and Answers are explained in easy concepts by an experienced Social Science teacher.
Constitutional Design Class 9 Questions and Answers
1. In which amendment of the constitution, the voting age was reduced to 18 years from 21 years?
Answer: 61st Amendment
2. When did the first meeting of the Constituent Assembly hold?
Answer: December 9, 1946.
3. Under which Article of the Constitution of India is Money Bill given?
Answer: Article 110 of The Constitution of India
4. Who described the Directive Principles of State Policy as a “manifesto of aims and aspirations”?
Answer: B. R. Ambedkar
5. Who said, “Democracy is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people”?
Answer: Abraham Lincoln
6. Who is the Legal Advisor to the Government of a State in India?
Answer: Advocate general
7. What is the maximum period of the president’s rule under Article 356 that remains valid in the state for?
Answer: For 6 months
8. What does Article 39A of the Constitution deal with?
Answer: The provisions of equal justice.
9. Who designed the cover page of the Indian Constitution?
Answer: Beohar Rammanohar Sinha
10. How many members have signed the Indian Constitution?
Answer: 284 members
11. Who appoints the Judges in the Court of Session?
Answer: The High Court.
12. For how many years can a sentence of imprisonment for life be commuted by the government?
Answer: Fourteen years.
13. How many the total number of ministers, including the Prime Minister should be in the Council of Ministers?
Answer: 15% of the total number of the lower house.
14. Who signed the first Indian Constitution?
Answer: Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
15. From which country are the first three words of the Preamble to the Indian Constitution taken?
Answer: United States of America
16. Who made drawings in the Constitution?
Answer: Nandalal Bose and his students at Santi Niketan
17. For how many years has a person to be a High Court judge to become a Supreme Court judge?
Answer: At least five years
18. Which Article of the Constitution provides for a Uniform Civil Code?
Answer: Article 44 of the Directive principles.
20. Under which Article of the Constitution can parliament form a new state?
Answer: Article 3 of The Constitution
Constitutional Design Class 9 Extra Questions
21. Which Article of the Constitution abolishes untouchability?
Answer: Article 17 of The Constitution.
22. To whom does The President give his resignation?
Answer: Vice President
23. Who has the power to form a new state within the Union of India?
Answer: The Parliament of India
24. Which country has the largest constitution in the world?
25. What is the number of judges in the Supreme Court of India as provided under the Constitution of India?
Answer: The Chief Justice and 30 other Judges.
26. Which country has a small constitution in the world?
Answer: The Constitution Of Monaco is the shortest written constitution in the world.
27. Who gives oath to the Governor of a state?
Answer: The Chief Justice of the State High Court
28. Which parliament is considered to be the “Mother of Parliament”?
Answer: England is the mother of parliaments”.
29. Who was the last person to sign the Constitution of India?
Answer: Feroze Gandhi
30. Who wrote the Indian Constitution in italic style?
Answer: Prem Behari Narain Raizada
31. From which country are the directive principles of state policy (DPSP) adopted?
32. When was the Constitution of India implemented?
Answer: 26th January 1950
33. How much time did it take to complete the Constitution of India?
Answer: Two years, eleven months, and seventeen days
34. Who put forward the idea of a Constituent Assembly first?
Answer: M.N. Roy ( Manabendra Nath Roy )
35. Who had given the idea of a Constitution for India?
Answer: Dr. B.R.Ambedkar ( Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar)
36. From which country’s constitution has the idea of “A Union of States in the Indian Constitution” been derived?
Answer: The Australian Constitution
37. How many official languages are mentioned in the Indian Constitution?
Answer: 22 official languages
38. Who is known as the Father of the Indian Constitution?
Answer: Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
39. Where is the original version of the Indian Constitution placed?
Answer: Indian Parliament
40. From which country was the idea of Fundamental Rights taken?
41. How many schedules are there in the Indian Constitution?
Answer: 12 schedules
42. When is Constitutional Day celebrated in India?
Answer: 26th November
43. How many parts are there in the Indian Constitution?
Answer: 25 parts with 448 articles.
44. The Constitution begins with a short statement of its basic values. What is it called?
45. Who was the first President of the constituent assembly?
Answer: Dr. Rajender Prasad
46. When was the First meeting of the constituent assembly held?
Answer: Dec 1946
47. Which day is celebrated to mark the enforcement of the Constitution?
Answer: Republic Day
48. For how many days did The Constituent Assembly meet?
Answer: 114 days
49. Which is the highest law of Land?
Answer: The Constitution.
50. When was the last session of the Constituent Assembly held?
Answer: January 24, 1950
I hope the above-given information regarding Constitutional Design Class 9 Questions and Answers has been helpful to you to some extent. If you have any other questions regarding CBSE NCERT Political Science Chapter 2 Internal Questions Answers, feel free to contact us so that we will get back to you at the earliest.
People Also Read: Constitutional Design Class 9 Notes
What is constitutional design class 9?
Constitutional design is the process of structuring and formulating a constitution for a country. It involves making deliberate choices and decisions regarding the principles, institutions, and powers that will govern the functioning of the government and protect the rights of citizens.
What is the concept of constitutional design?
The concept of constitutional design refers structuring of a constitution to establish a framework for governance. It defines the powers and responsibilities of the government and protects the rights and freedoms of citizens within a country.
When was the Constitution designed?
The Constitution of India was designed between the years 1947 and 1950. It was adopted on January 26, 1950, and came into effect, marking the formal establishment of the Republic of India.
Who made the design of the Constitution?
The design of the Constitution of India was made by the Constituent Assembly of India.
What is a preamble Class 9?
The preamble is the introductory statement of the Constitution of a country. It outlines the basic values, principles, and objectives of the Constitution, and sets the tone for the entire document. It provides a guiding framework for the functioning of the government.
Why do we need a constitution?
We need a constitution to set the framework for government, allocate rights, powers, and responsibilities to citizens, and make the rule of law.
Who are the 7 members of the drafting committee?
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
N. Gopalaswami Ayyangar
What does the Constitution protect us from?
The Constitution protects freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, and freedom of petition.
How many amendments does the Constitution have?
The Constitution has 27 amendments.
What is the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution?
The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution establishes the right to privacy and requires that law enforcement.