Geography is an interesting subject that helps us to understand the world around us. In this article, we will focus on Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 MCQ, with answers to test your knowledge and understanding of the subject. By practicing these questions, you can strengthen your knowledge and hold on to the subject.
Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 MCQ Online Test
Online tests are powerful tools to assess knowledge and skills with ease and efficiency. Here is a short online test of Chapter 2 Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation, and Wildlife Resources that explores the world around us.
Ncert Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 MCQ with answers
1. What is the reason for the Large-scale destruction of forests and cultivable land?
(a) Growing population
(b) Ever growing demand of the population
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of these
Answer : (c) Both (a) and (b)
2. Which techniques from the following are not applicable to cope with landslides?
(a) Construction of retention wall to prevent soil erosion
(b) Implementation of the surface drainage control
(c) Decrease in vegetation cover
(d) None of these
Answer: (c) Decrease in vegetation cover
3. How much percent of the earth’s area is occupied by land?
Answer: (b) 30
4. Private land properties are owned by________.
(a) Cooperative societies
Answer: (b) Individuals
5. Which of the following is an example of a common property resource?
(a) Private homes
(b) Land for common usage
(c) Agricultural lands of individuals
Answer:(b) Land for common usage
6. Which of the following actions poses a significant threat to the environment?
(a) Planting trees
(c) Promoting tourism
(d) Promoting renewable resources
Answer: (b) Desertification
7. The type of soil is determined by _____________.
(b) Soil erosion
(c) Water sources
8. The process to break down rocks and decompose due to temperature changes, is called_______
(c) Soil erosion
9. Soil is made up of_____________.
(c) organic materials & rocks
Answer:(c) organic materials & rocks
10. What could the mass movement of rocks down the hills indicate?
Answer: (a) Landslides
11. Which state of India is known for experiencing the highest number of landslides?
Answer: (b) Uttrakhand
12. How much time is taken to form 1 cm of soil?
(a) 10+ years
(b) 5 years
(c) 100s of year
(d) few months
Answer:(c) 100s of year
13. Which part of the soil is suitable for vegetation?
(c) weathered rock material
(d) clay soil
14. Overgrazing is responsible for causing_____
(a) soil depletion
Answer:(a) soil depletion
15. Which one of the following is NOT a factor of soil formation?
(b) Soil texture
(c) Organic matter
Answer: (b) soil texture
16. Which of the following method is most suitable for preventing soil erosion on steep slopes?
(c) Terrace cultivation
(d) Contour bunding
Answer: (c) Terrace cultivation
17. Which of the following is not in favor of the conservation of nature?
(a) switch off lights when not in use
(b) close the tap immediately after using
(c) dispose of poly packs after shopping
(d) use cycle instead of the motorcycle
Answer:(c) dispose of poly packs after shopping
18. Which of the following is used for the conservation of soil?
(b) Clear the forest
(c) agriculture process
(d) cattle grazing
Answer: (a) Mulching
19. What is the process of piling up rocks to prevent water flow called?
(a) Rock Dam
Answer: (a) Rock Dam
20. By which process the moisture of soil be retained?
(a) Counter Barriers
(c) Rock Dams
(d) Planting grass
21. The evaporation of water takes place due to___________.
(a) Nitrogen Cycle
(b) Water Cycle
(c) Cooling of Ice
Answer: (b) Water Cycle
22. In which zone of the earth’s atmosphere, life exists?
Answer: (a) Biosphere
23. Which of the following areas are normally sparsely populated?
(a) Thick forests
(b) Gangatic plains
(c) Low-lying places
(d) Cultivable areas
Answer: (a) Thick forests
24. Rainwater harvesting is compulsory in the state of _____
(a) Tamil Nadu
Answer: (c) Rajasthan
25. Which of the following is Terrace farming common?
Answer: (b) mountain
26. Which of the following is a major threat to the environment?
(d) tree plantation
27. Which of the following disaster occurs due to Heavy rains in mountainous regions every year?
Answer: (c) landslide
28. Which of the following is the densely populated region?
(a) River plains
(c) Thick forests
Answer:(a) River plains
29. Which of the following is the way to prevent soil erosion?
(a) Trees cutting
(b) clearing of forest for agriculture
(c) Counter plowing
(d) building dams
Answer:(c) Counter plowing
30. River Yamuna is getting polluted due to
(a) industrial affluents
(d) trees cutting
Answer:(a) industrial affluents
Also Read: Resources Class 8 Geography Chapter 1 Notes
1. Give some examples of natural resources.
Land, Soil, Water, and Air are some examples of natural resources.
2. What is delta?
A landform formed at the mouth of a river where it meets a body of water, such as a sea or lake.
3. What is the uppermost layer of the Earth’s crust?
The uppermost layer of the Earth’s crust is the topsoil.
4. Which is the most suitable soil for the cultivation of crops?
The most suitable soil for the cultivation of crops is loamy soil.
5. What percentage of the Earth’s water is freshwater available for human use?
3% of the Earth’s water is freshwater available for human use.
6. What is Deforestation?
The process of cutting down and clearing forests from an area.
7. Which type of natural vegetation is found in tropical rainforests?
The type of natural vegetation found in tropical rainforests is “evergreen trees.”
8. In which park is the Indian Rhinoceros found?
The Indian Rhinoceros is found in “Kaziranga National Park.”
9. What is Drip irrigation?
The process of irrigation in which water is supplied drop by drop directly to the roots of plants
10. How can we conserve wildlife?
We can conserve wildlife in the following ways-
a) Establishing national parks and wildlife sanctuaries
b) Implementing strict laws against poaching and illegal trade
c) Promoting awareness and education about wildlife conservation
I hope the above information on Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 Mcq Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation, and Wildlife Resources will be useful for the students. If you have any other questions regarding NCERT Class 8 Geography Chapter 2 Mcq Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions With Answers,) feel free to contact us so that we will get back to you at the earliest.